Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ephemeral spring

Warm days, warm hearts, it's finally summer and everything is in bloom and the faeries are out dancing. I'm really excited for the coming months and have a lot of plans and changes in store. I've been working on taking more and better photographs, moving, crafting, making, exploring and spending as much time outside amongst the fresh flowers and trees. I'm often suffering from intense bouts of identity crisis but I'm really trying to get over it and really hoping the new season will help.

I took these photos, a little while ago, under the blooming magnolias and caught a bit of the lilacs as well. Both now are mostly faded and their ephemeral lives are such a fascinating things. How can there be so much beauty and scent for merely a few weeks in a year? I often feel like I am waiting patiently for the lilacs to grow everywhere and when they do, their short lives come and go so swiftly, it never feels enough for me. (Especially when I want to use their petals in food recipes and before I get around to it, they're gone!)



In old folklore tradition, if you walked through a field of blue bells, you'd have bad luck for the rest of the year because you would be disturbing the faeries and the spells they weaved in the flowers. I went for a long hike that same day and took some pictures in the forest and I'm not too sure what happened in this picture but I like to believe that those little dots of fuzzy light are the faeries casting spellings along the forest floor :)



2 comments:

  1. Really lovely photos! I know what you mean about flowers' bloom being too transient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, I'm happy to have found your blog. He is gorgeous and your photos are so inspiring! Your text also makes me happy, I believe in fairies and I think that the points of light they are. <3

    Thank you for doing such a beautiful post!

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete