Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hello February. You're much too cold.


It's been a long and cold winter, the kind that leaves tears in your eyes and numbness in your hands and although I love the snow and seeing my own breath when I exhale and even that sharp sting in your lungs when you breath in too deeply all the air, this deep freeze has taken a bit of a toll on me.

I did, however, get to miss a portion of the iciness when I had the opportunity to go to Florida in December for a bit of a vacation, and as temperatures here continue to be as low at -18 degrees Celsius, I guess you can say I've been recently reminiscing a lot about it. Beautiful wildflowers, shading trees, warm breezes and being able to wear sun dresses 24/7--that is what I long for, that is what I want right now. But since that's not going happen mid-February in Canada any time soon, I'm going to live through some of the photos I took during my trip and like a good solider patiently wait out the frost.  Perhaps they will send warm vibes to anyone else sick of the cold too.





Unfortunately, I didn't get to snap too many pictures (these were all taken in the Sunken Gardens in St. Petersburg and at Ford's Estate in Ft. Meyers) because my camera battery died mid-way through my trip (and I've still yet to get a replacement!!!) which was a bit a of a let down as I wanted to document Florida's abundant array of kitschy retro signs that tend to have some of the best vintage fonts and colours. Luckily, I did get one on my phone and I do think it's kinda perfect.




5 comments:

  1. I'm in Saskatoon and it's even more horrendous here. Luckily I go to Mexico next week! I love your gorgeous photos and especially that pastel path. <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This style is adorable! I likeee :) x Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful, that dress
    is so, so lovely. And looking at all the flowers
    make me miss spring and summer, too. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are amazing! So glad I found your blog it is inspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I want to tell You ,that I nominated You for the Liebster Award : ) It's gift from me for You : ) more info here: http://pukimatok.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete